Tuesday, July 30, 2013

SAY MY NAME SAY MY NAME...

Why is it that people always try to name drop, when they are not really friends with the person to begin with? It's odd to me that people feel they are able to do that, and that it won't at some point, come back around. Beyonce said it oh so eloquently, "Say my name, say my name..." I work in an industry where everything is based on who you know, and your relationships in the bizz. You need to know all the right people, all the right people need to know you, and really they all have to like you too! How can you utilize your relationships best, so that you get what you need and they get what they need? There is such a specific way to do it, and not everyone is great at it! Just recently a good friend introduced me to one of her good friends, who I liked but certainly did NOT love. It's weird, I can pretty much get along with anyone (on the surface), but I think it helped me realized maybe my friend was not such a good judge of character that she did not see the flaws I see. OR she likes her that way, and there's something wrong with me. It's all so trivial. Today is "Terrible Tuesday" and a friend just delivered some bad news to me. I am so sorry she has to deal with some shit, and it's fitting that it is happening today. XOXO BTC

1 comment: