Monday, July 15, 2013

RED, WHITE AND BULLLSHIT!

I don't want to be that "angry black woman", and clearly don't want to be depicted as someone who can't understand other peoples views...but this one, this whole entire world has to be SHOCKED by the Trayvon Martin case. I can't imagine being a human being, a mother and a minority that it has not shaken up an entire country. The outcome is really mind boggling, not only did he not get convicted (some may argue not enough evidence) but he did not get charged with ANYTHING at all which is just amazing to me. Today in America it seems like a whole hell of a lot of red, white and bullshit to me! WAIT and can PLEASE discuss how when you said to people race in america does not really matter as much anymore, we have a Black president...I want to say, that SO many people are against for just that one reason. I have 0 tolerance for people who cannot accept people for who they are not what they are; and there are just too many haters out there, still. I want to believe I can hear others opinions and views, but at the same time what if I think their views are STUPID. AND more importantly why don't THEY think their views are stupid? HOW can they in good faith, feel that way? I have a hard time with that, and that's not saying only my views are right...my views are just liberal and yours are not. AND THAT I have a problem with. Can we all just get along? It's weird I feel like race is playing such a larger role in todays society, more so than I have in a long time. I fear for my brother who is a Black man living in this society, I fear for my children who are of mixed race, I fear for myself b/c I am out spoken and Black and well in this world that's forever a problem. I fear for those who are taught to hate, I pray for those who are not. Today is Monday and I am feeling it something fierce, given the climate of the world at this moment. We all need to take a moment and think about what that family has to go through, and any other family who was not served justice. Because in the end you never know, that could be you up there...or someone that you love. BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment