Tuesday, July 9, 2013

MEDS FOR KIDS?

This is an entirely new area for me, meds and kids...AND if it is the right or wrong thing to do. My first inclination like everything else in my life, is to say that there is a reason for everything. That if someone needs meds there's nothing wrong with that, and if they don't then that's fine too. I feel like it's there for a reason and if it can help someone feel better about themselves, less anxious, more positive, etc. it's worth a try. I am dealing with that in my own home with my 7 year old daughter, who is shows signs of anxiety. We are of course already in great hands doing cognitive therapy, but at a point where that may be something we look into. I hope she does not read this in 10 years and kill me for talking about, but you know I feel like no subject can really be left unturned. Wondering how many people are going through the same things, and why so many kids today are so anxious? The societal pressures have to be at an all-time high (I would imagine), and all of the technological advancements have to attribute to some of it too. I am holding hope that we can get through this difficult time with Aiden, but more importantly we just want her to feel better. Kinda blue today on a "Terrible Tuesday", hope you are having a better day than me. XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment