Monday, July 8, 2013

MANAGING EXPECTATIONS IS SOMETIMES LIKE PICKING UP YOUR DOGS SHIT! IT'S A DIRTY JOB, BUT SOMEONE'S GOTTA DO IT!

You know what I mean? It's hard telling people that what they think is possible is not possible. OR to even let them know that some things can't happen, b/c they are not at that stage in their business. I hate to say it, but really managing people's expectations sometimes is like picking up your dogs shit. It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it! I happen to be the person that's GOTTA DO IT! In my case, I would always rather someone be up front re: what's possible, b/c then I don't have any false expectations. This way you have a starting point and focus on the things that ARE possible. I guess that's true for any business relationship...sometimes I love what I do, actually I for the most part always love what I do...but don't always love managing clients, who's expectations are greater than the brands capability. Did everyone have a nice 4th? I did...and now I miss my kids who are home with my nanny, want to kill everyone at work (not anyone who is actually a part of B' squared PR), and loathe the fact that it's 100 degrees in NYC; AND the summer is almost over. Lovely right? XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment