Thursday, July 18, 2013

"IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD..."

I think that Mr. Rogers had it all right, and we have it all wrong. Can't every day be beautiful in some way? Even the hard parts of the morning? I don't know if I buy it though, because my mornings are full on SHIT shows; EACH and every day! Rarely do I get up and everything just kind of fall into place. Someone is always screaming, crying, hungry, annoying, etc. I also get my work out in, but it's a challenge to make it happen in a relaxing environment; on TOP of my husband pretty much sleep walking while assisting me with just about everything. So it is really a beautiful day in this neighborhood? HELL NO! So it's Thursday, always my fav. day of the week. It's not Friday yet so I am not worried about the weekend flying by too fast...but it's not Wed. either so the weeks pretty much over. As you get older the weeks and weekends all blend together, the weekends don't really stand out the way that they use to; I don't get that JOY that comes along with having 2 days off. I just get 2 screaming kids, 6 year old birthday parties, car trips to everywhere outside of NYC; OR and the joys of parents wanting you to come see them, b/c they will never come to you! Sounds lovely doesn't it? I had a drink last night with an editor I really like, and we happened to be sitting next to a couple that clearly had just started dating. SHE was a train wreck in the flesh and he clearly just wanted to get some good head, b/c she was a nightmare to listen to if you know what I mean. I think he probably though, if she's blowing me she can't talk at the same time so I am golden! In any event, it was the strangest thing ever watching them "date." They held hand at the table, which I have NEVER done ever with Brian. Not that we are the poster for the best relationship but you feel me? She proceeded to sing versus of songs that she likes at some festival that she went to; AND she had THE worse nose job ever. WHICH is so horrible for me to even say, b/c I would never focus on someone's looks who was not annoying:) Bottom line is it helped seal the deal for me and for my editor friend, who has been seriously dating someone now for about a year. AND for me, just made me realize how much it really sucks to have to date, in NYC. You would think it would be the mecca for hot dates and great people, but really I don't think that's the case. Here's to a GREAT Thursday! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment