Sunday, June 27, 2010

YOU ARE HAVING A.....BOIRL?

I overheard a conversation the other day at the bank between 2 women...probably in their late 30's early 40's, about a friend that was about 6 months pregnant. Apparently the "friend" did not want to know the sex of her baby, so her friends took the liberty of deciding what their girlfriend was having. I stood there listening to their reasons which brings me to this post...

When is it just normal fun to try and figure out what you and/or a friend is having? When do the crazy suggestions cross a line? AND how do people honestly believe the bullshit about what the sex of someone's baby is? I have to be honest, I can't really find truth to most of the myths. I mean at times I really do try...but then there are just so many things that prove them wrong! AND more importantly, how do such smart people believe such dumb things??? Case in point...
A. What about girls that don't get sick during pregnancy AND are pregnant with girls?
B. Girls pregnant with boys that puke their entire pregnancy?
C. Girls that carry out in front, low and like a basketball and have a girl not a boy?
E. Women who look and feel exactly the same as they did (within reason) before they got pregnant and have the sex where that's not suppose to happen?
Truly, I could go on and on and on...so how do we put a stop to this madness? I love those people who say (after you have the kid) I KNEW you were having a ___! I want to be like you got lucky! At times, some of the myths will fall true...but that's just a normal percentage people would actually get right.

Which way do you fall? Do you think we have to believe in the myths to make the journey more bearable, more fun?

I am taking a week off with my family and spending time with Aiden, giving C some time off and spending it the last summer before the new addition arrives. We are not doing much, just fun things locally...it's not super fun for me to go anywhere at the moment:) BUT, none the less...I am going to TRY and step back from work at the office and enjoy the time I have with her..in this AFRICA heat we have going on today, in NYC.

Be back tomorrow with God knows what!!!
XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment