Monday, June 21, 2010

CHANGING THE WAY I SEE FATHER'S DAY...

I have to admit Father's Day use to roll around, come and go and I really could have cared less. After my own father died it seemed like a pointless holiday. It has now taken on a WHOLE new meaning for me, one that is a day filled with love and hugs between my husband and my daughter; it's a day I get to observe the love between Brian and Aiden.

Having a little girl and seeing her with her dad is THE single most amazing thing, ever! I never knew how amazing it could be until I was able to see Brian and Aiden's relationship flourish. As she gets older and he is more in-tuned with her wants and needs it is quite amazing to see them together. Their interaction, the way they play together, the love...all of it. I see it as though she "needs" her mom but "wants" her daddy. I know that not all men are involved the way he is, but I do see the same relationships amongst my male friends and their daughters. I think the relationship changes may be due in part to the differences between generations. Do you have a bond like that with your father? If you are in your 20's, 30's or even 40's do you see the difference that I see? I feel as though mistakes that may have been made by our own fathers are now being corrected by the new generation of men; in a very positive way. In honor of Father's Day I wanted to highlight all of the amazing things my husband does for our daughter Aiden.

Brian is patient, attentive and 100% hands on. He never complains when she complains about the smallest bug in the world, sitting outside in the grass that she wants her daddy to move. He never has a shortage of hands to pick her up in any situation and will do anything to make her laugh. He will dress up in pearls and feathers and sit in her play area, while she puts a girly crown on his head and calls him a princess. The pool is never too cold to go into even at 7 AM when it's cloudy if that's what his little girl wants. He changed diapers, spit up, and then some, he allows her to call him Brian even though he prefers being referred to as daddy; and baby-sits anytime mama wants to go do something on her own. He is a true man in every sense on the word. I hope (and I speak for everyone who knows Brian) that she finds someone as wonderful as him, to share her life with when she is of age. SO, in honor of Father's Day I celebrate Aiden and Brian's amazing daddy/daughter bond, that is unbreakable...I love him more than I did the day we met and love him more each day because he is Aiden's daddy.

I hope all of you had a wonderful day with your fathers (or anyone you spent the day with), just remember it's not what you do or what you give and get it's how you love.

More to come kids, more to come...
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment