Tuesday, June 29, 2010

THE WEAR IN "WHAT NOT TO WEAR?"

Do you ever wear things simply for comfort? Do you know at the age of 34 I just realized that I do not! NOT Even in pregnancy? Never really have to be honest. I am finding this out now because I bought something a while ago and wore it yesterday from NYC to the burbs and just felt SUPER comfy; but not super fashiony...ACTUALLY, I felt kinda fat! WHICH is never a good thing for someone A. who is pregnant and B. who is in fashion. BUT why? I am 6 months pregnant shouldn't I be able to throw on some schmata situation at least once in a while, and really feel comfortable?

I don't believe you have to sacrifice feeling and looking good while pregnant, BUT there does come a time when you should probably at the very least step into a maternity store to check out the scene. To be perfectly honest 90% of my wardrobe during pregnancy is just bigger sizes, since it's so easy to do that nowadays! BUT I do need SOME things maternity just for comfort at the very least. Maternity clothing is also made perfectly when it comes to your bump. It does however KILL me every time I have to step into a store. The other thing I often do is wear things that I wore before I was pregnant, stretch them out and then throw them away right after the baby is born. I just can't justify wearing them before, during and then after pregnancy (we are talking months after) as it will just remind me of how annoyed I was, that I could not wear all my fun clothes for 9 months!

Let's talk shoes for a moment. If any of you reading this know and really know me then you know I am a 5-7 inch high heel wearer EVERY day of the week...morning, noon to night. I RARELY sacrifice comfort for shoes it's just the way I am...and what I am use to. HOWEVER I do love being pregnant through the summer for a variety of reasons i.e. less clothing to wear (the thought of putting on a coat, jeans, sweaters, etc. in the winter while preggers makes my cringe) on top of this weight, AND I love the fact that there are great inexpensive (and expensive:) flat footwear options! It's just easier at 6 months throwing on flats and then wearing the heels I love when need be. My staple is a maxi dress and a great flat...something fitted is always great too to play up the belly; and really you don't need MORE material when you are pregnant, just bigger sizes:) One of the best things is being stared out for being pregnant NOT just for being fat!!!

I do talk more about what to wear and what not to wear in my guide, along with some great sites I live by...where to shop while pregnant, etc....stay tuned!
XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment