Monday, June 21, 2010

"HOLY SH_T BALLS" I LOOKED PREGNANT BEFORE I EVEN TOOK THE TEST!

What the hell is it about the 2nd time around that makes it different from the first? Other than the...I am SO happy to be pregnant, this is all so fun, let's pick out names, I love my belly, let's register, blah, blah blah... You A. know what to expect B. feel pregnant before it even happens C. worry about every possible thing (which is ironic in a way because it's your 2nd time) and D. look pregnant before you can even say, POSITIVE!

I remember that faithful February 2010 day when I first took a test. I was meeting my business parter Beth and our client Ali Galgano (founder/CEO of Charm and Chain) at an accessories trade-show downtown. Our first intention was to go to the shows and then end with a nice afternoon cocktail, but that was about to change. After feeling a bit crampy for about a week I took the test that Sunday morning, holding my breath and the stick. It read positive in a similar way that it had the 1st time around, but this time I ran into the bedroom to tell Brian while he was cuddling with Aiden. I am painting a much different picture than the day I tested for baby #1. That lovely day I had woken up still drunk from the night before and was simply bored. I then decided to take a hand me down test that a collegue from work had given to me, just because. At that very moment this go round I remember looking down at my belly and thinking...OMG I feel it already, is that even possible? Is the pouch now even pouchier? I looked down again and then at the mirror and literally started putting clothing away. It was the beginning of the end.

What is it about the 2nd time that makes you SO much more "preggers" that much faster? I mean, besides the obvious, "My body remembers"...it's certainly mental and definitely physical, but does it really get easier the more you do it? Like sex with that person you are not so familiar with in the beginning? Then it should be just like riding a bike! I don't know, I don't know if I believe that. BUT then again, why on earth would people have 4 kids or worse...MORE! 85% of the time during my pregnancy I feel pretty good. I stay active, I love what I do for a living, spend time with our friends and family, etc. But the other 15% of the time I want to rock back and forth in a corner with a straight jacket, while heavily medicated. Those are the times that stop me from wanting more. Then that feeling passes again and I consider going for round 3rd. I guess that's when it happens, that's when I will want to have sex to make more babies...during the 85% not the 15% of the time. I imagine trying to get it on with me during the 15% of the time would be challenging for Brian, straight jacket, meds and all!

So, there you have it. Maybe they are right when they say the 3rd time is a charm. LORD only knows...as my grandmother use to say, "ONE NEVER KNOWS, DO ONE!" (FROM THE PLAY, "AIN'T MIS-BEHAVIN")

More to come kids...more to come...
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment