Thursday, June 10, 2010

TO PEE OR NOT TO PEE, THAT IS THE QUESTION...OTHERWISE KNOWN AS PEEZING!

A topic rarely covered and you will soon know why... is what I like to refer to as, the sneeze and pee, or the term I coined for it, "the PEEZE". In a nut shell, once you allow your pelvic floor to go to shit and the pressure is all placed...well...down there, there is a high probability that at some point during your pregnancy you will sneeze and accidently pee. It won't be like a full on river or anything nothing really catastrophic, but there's a chance you could wet your pants...and I mean for real. Why you ask does this happen? Honestly I have no F__G idea. I mean it makes sense that your baby is pushing on your bladder and that unless you practice kegel excercises daily or better yet hourly, I don't see a way to prevent it. I am an avid yogi, before, during and after my pregnancy and my girl Shiva Rose is good for a kegel excercise or 2 on her prenatal yoga video, however I can't seem to remember to do them while sitting at my desk at work or in a restaurant while having a conversation or spending time alone on the couch at home, etc. It is probably the last thing I am thinking about doing. Apparently, that's the one thing that can really help strengthen your pelvic floor while carrying your baby.

In any event, it's not limited to sneezing. In my case it could be a nice hearty cough or a vomiting episode (months 1-3) it bears no limits. So there you have it, be careful not to keep your bladder too full, or you too could experience the PEEZE first hand.

After my first post, a friend said to me, "You know what Beth, I am not sure I want to have kids. Will reading your blog deter me from wanting them even more?" I replied, "Really I don't think it should. I am merely telling you what can and typically does happen to all of us at some point during our pregnancies. At the end of the day you should feel enlightened by all of this knowledge. Had I known ANY of this I would still have gotten pregnant the first time, I just would not have been so naive thinking it was all moonbeams and rainbows (kinda like living in Kelli Bensimone's world). It's not all pretty, most of it is plain ugly but women have been doing it since the beginning of time, so it can't ALL be bad!
More to come kids...more to come...

PS: Did you catch Bethenny Frankel's new show, "Bethenny Gets Married" last night? Did you happen to catch how she mentioned no one talks about this shit? Yeah...I saw that too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment