Saturday, June 12, 2010

DVD'S DO A PREGNANT BODY GOOD!

Not all of my posts will be devoted to the deterioation of your hot bod, some will actually be quite pleasant and more importantly helpful.

I happen to be one of those pregnant people who loves to stay active during my entire pregnancy, of course this is totally optional and not something you HAVE to do...especially if you are not a "worker outer". I live by yoga at least 3-5 times a week and try to make it a staple in my workout before, during and after birth. If you don't have a place where you already attend weekly classes, you can do it in the privacy of your home with a video like this one by
Shiva Rae ( http://www.shivarea.com). I love doing it at home because when you feel like a full on fat ass nobody see you, but YOU!
**PLEASE do check with your dr. before you embark on anything new in the workout dept. to make sure you get the go ahead! I am convinced one of the reasons my labor and delivery with Aiden was SO smooth was due in part to staying active.

I have recently become obsessed with a strength performance DVD by, Summer Sanders (http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Sanders-Prenatal-Workout/dp/B001VC995S). It is a mixture of cardio and strength training and runs for about an hour. I aim to do this at least 3-5 times a week. One of these workouts, combined with brisk walks (or even running IF you were a runner prior to pregnancy) makes you feel like you are somewhat human (and attractive). AGAIN, this is certainly not for everyone and that is OK...but if you do like a good workout while pregnant, these would be my favs!

It's interesting when not pregnant you work out to maintain a healthy lifestyle, weight, sexy bod, etc. When you work out while pregnant it is clearly to keep you and the baby healthy, certainly not to lose any weight. Although if it were safe to be pregnant and lose weight I would SO be that girl...come on, don't lie...you know you would be too!
I promise tomorrows blog will be back to horrific, mind altering, truths about pregnancy!!!
More to come kids...more to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment