Wednesday, January 9, 2013

THE ODD ONE OUT...

I always felt so different from those around me, primarily friends related to school. I know it was a combination of who/what I am, and where I went to school...but it still sits with me, and I think it will forever! When I say school too I mean ALL schools, growing up AND in college. I never really found the exact "group" I loved, even though it was always considered "The group" to be in? Does that make sense? From that group, extracted my real friends today...many of us are alike in many ways, some of us are not. We do all have one commonality and that's kindness. I hope for the sake of our own children they don't have those same feelings that I did. That I am able to shield them from some of what I felt, by putting them in the proper surroundings. It's hard to think that some people I grew up with are living the same lives that their parents lived...in the SAME kind of way. I feel like if you hang around the people that are exactly like you and mold off spring EXACTLY like you, you never fully get the flavor of the world. I am sad to say that I don't miss those feelings, and now that I am an adult with my own family and choose to hang with the people I know and love, it makes me feel so much more comfortable about who I am. I want more "ducks in a row" but I also don't want to leave that up to my man to create...I want to create it too! More on this subject FOR SURE! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment