Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I LOVE FASHION, BUT AT THE SAME TIME I DON'T?

It's kind of strange my position on the industry that I work in AND love...I LOVE what I do, I clearly have a knack for it, but at the same time there are so many thing I hate about the industry too! Here is a list of things that I LOVE about it and the things that I HATE about it. Irony at its best! LOVE: 1. That you are forever on trend even when you are not trying 2. You know about everything and everyone before the general public...so you can plan your wardrobe appropriately. 3. In most cases, you can get to a designer for a discount if you have been doing it long enough...and that's always a major plus! 4. You have the ability to attend great parties, eat and drink well, and in some cases make life long friends that commiserate with you; on all things fashion related! 5. You can think outside the box when gift giving... 6. You can work with some of the most influential people on this planet! For me it was Oprah... 7. LOVE LOVE discovering new brands and helping make them something/someone. It's incredibly gratifying on all accounts! HATE: 1. I hate the bullshit, I hate when people wear a label and for some reason they think that gives them more power than the average person. 2. Hate the fake people, hate hate hate and there are just so many of them it's hard to differentiate. 3. HATE the lifestyle of eating and drinking every night with people you don't even love...(although there are so many you do love so that's not always the case)/ 4. Hate the shit don't stink theory...you are not always what you wear. 5. Hate the craziness, the need for something AT that moment...when you are not bettering the world or curing cancer for that matter. 6. Hate so many of the people, if I hear one more affected accent mixed with odd choices of clothing I may puke. So yeah, that's my deal..love it or leave it, fashion is a part of everyone's day, in some way! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment