Friday, December 14, 2012

HOW TO POSSIBLY MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL...

I almost can't even think about what happened today, to those men, women and children....it's almost just TOO much to digest. I can only imagine what everyone is writing, feeling, thinking, doing tonight after such a senseless tragedy. As I sit here with my youngest (2) while my older one (6)is having a sleep over with my brother and his girlfriend, and my husband is away on a business trip...I think how LUCKY I am given the present circumstances. I know every other parent is thinking the exact same thing. How do you process all of this? AND if you have a child is around the age of my child (6) or older, how do you talk to them about it...if at all? You drop your child off at school and think that it is a safe, contained environment...but the truth is you just never know no matter where you live. I guess given that I live in NYC I am used to hearing about petty crimes and things of that nature, but THIS this is just insanity. There is nothing in the world that can be worse than losing a child. I clearly remember when my father was so ill and my grandmother (his mothers) was still alive. She said to me no mother/parent should live longer than their child; it's just not the natural way. And it's true, the idea of having to live through that is something I cannot even remotely fathom. My heart aches for all of those lost, especially the grieving parents whose lives will be forever changed. I pray tonight (and we know I am not a religious person, rather spiritual), for all those affected. I am sad, really, deeply, truly sad. Mothers/fathers hug your children tonight...and please don't ever let them go. With a heavy heart, BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment