Thursday, December 6, 2012

ATTACK OF THE KILLER CLOANS...

Why is it that there is always a group of women, hanging out, that all look the EXACT same? Talk the same, dress the same, look the same, share the same interests...where is the diversity in that? I should have known growing up that, that was not my jam. That I could have found a more diverse group (socially and economically) but just didn't, and still to this day I am not sure why. Of course this did not apply to ALL my friends, but it certainly did apply to some... The most interesting part about it, is that they still hang with the SAME type of people, never got out of that, and just do the same shit with the same like people as adults? Where's the fun in that? Who brings different things to the table? IF you all dress, think, act alike it's like attack of the killer clones! I guess there is nothing wrong with that, but clearly it's not for me...and would make no sense to the kids that I am raising if everyone that we were friends with, was SO alike. I battle with this a lot, where we should move (if ever out of NYC), what kind of place I could provide them to show them how we as parents think; if not NYC? It's harder I think for us than other people. We always have to think somewhat outside the box, but outside the box means out of NYC. My head spins like a hamster wheel with all of this, ALL the time, day and night. It is really exhausting! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment