Sunday, December 23, 2012

EVERYBODY NEEDS SOME TIME TOGETHER, NOW AND AGAIN...

I feel like it sounds so cliche when I say this, but I am learning more and more in my marriage that every couple DOES need alone time! I don't think it's really necessary to have a "date night" EVERY week (really just not possible in my world) however, an evening with no kids is literally just what the dr. ordered. I had a lovely evening with Brian and friends last night, while the kids slept at my mom's. It was nice to have a cup of coffee that stayed HOT while sitting in bed watching the news this AM. It was great getting dressed in an appropriate amount of time and I was even able to eat breakfast sitting at the table; as opposed to standing up in my kitchen, eating from the counter b/c you don't have time to really sit and digest your meal. THANK GOD for Nana. It was a great way to kick off our little family vaca. Lila and bought some last minute things at a local NYC Upper East Side retailer, and the 1st thing I got when I walked in was" Oh she's yours? I thought you were the nanny." My response was, "So many idiots think that..." and then of course there was the awkward silent pause. WTF I hate people! Onto other things... SO tomorrow is Xmas eve, and for the first time in my entire life I have little to no emotion for the holiday this year. I want the kids to have an AMAZING holiday, but me...just not really concerned about it in the least! AND funny enough is I HATE that feeling b/c this was my fav. holiday EVER! What I am going to do is try and enjoy some time off from the office (yes it is possible for a moment), and try not to take for granted that Beth and I have the ability to close it until the 2nd, without having to answer to anyone but ourselves! Now THAT is reason enough to kick my feet up. None the less, I hope everyone has a lovely last day shopping or whatever you are doing...and I be back for sure, on Christmas! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment