Friday, May 24, 2013

MY LITTLE PENELOPE...

Today is a very sad day, we put our dog Penny (the most amazing, lovely Golden) to sleep. Strangely enough she's my mom's dog, but for my kids that means it's like their dog too. Our little penny... I am most concerned about what to say to the kids, how to tell them, and what to say happened. With Aiden, I will be 100% honest, we have talked about death at length before, and she needs to know the truth. Lila on the other hand is not old enough to REALLY understand what has happened, so how do I tell her Penny is gone? I think I am going to have Aiden help make up a story for her, and one that seems as final as a 2.8 year old can handle. One that she will hopefully remember every time we go to Nana's house. Most of all I am so sad for my mom, she's going to be lost without her...and her world already feels so bare. It's hard to imagine what it's like without having a dog or animal as a pet for that matter; and I worry about the toll it may take on her. Today is dedicated to her...lets drink to Penny, the kindest little golden in the world. We will miss you and will love you forever! Have a lovely holiday weekend, I am sure we will speak sometime in the next few days! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment