Sunday, February 17, 2013

NEIGHBORS

WHY is it that in New York City, you could literally live next to someone for YEARS and never really talk to them? OR you could live next to someone you think is great, and talk to them forever? Amazing how people can really do that in New York City and you hear that woman can't even get along in the burbs and there is MUCH space between them! Take my next-door neighbors...they have 2 kids (a new baby), we have 2 kids but we don't have a lot in common; OR they think we are too crazy a household to hang with. I can't IMAGINE what they hear, me yelling, my kids yelling, running around like maniacs. We are a "loose cannon" daily! I hear them, I mean it's hard not to at some point but they are not NEARLY as loud and awful as we are. No possible way. How much can you ignore? Do you tell your friends what it's like to live next to us? When your kids run up and down the hallways when it's totally against the rules, does it bother me? NO but it DEF. bothers the other neighbors. What kind of barriers can you put up in such close quarters? As Brian and I continuously look for homes the idea of moving out of NYC is so incredibly scary to me. I know the kids and our family can blend in in Manhattan; I know that's not even REMOTELY possible when we leave. They will have to deal with all of the crap that I dealt with (hoping it's a little better nowadays) but all those differences will DEF. be magnified! SO, if you live in NYC or have at some point you know what it can be like with your neighbors. It can be GREAT or it can be bad. It can't be odd (if you have never even spoken to them), or it can be cordial. Whatever it is, the greatest thing about NYC is you CAN live in a building with people and go about your business as if they are not even there. I fear in the burbs you have all of this space but are watched like a fucking hawk. Off to Brian's parents today for the day, yeah whole other subject entirely:) XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment