Sunday, February 10, 2013

1990...1...2...3...

The year I had no idea who I was, what I wanted, who I wanted to be with, who I wanted to be friends, what I wanted to be..I could go on and on and on. At least that's what I thought at the time, as I get older I realize I knew EXACTLY who I wanted to be, was just not ready to admit it! As I sit here watching "The Carrie Diaries" (first time I don't know, I don't mind this show) and all this high school stuff pops up, the little girl with big dreams dare I say I have A LOT of the things I always knew I would have? That I actually realized some of the dreams I dreamt at that age? I had a conversation with someone the other day highlighting in detail some of my younger years; and some of the shit I did...at which time I started to remember what it was like to BE that person, at that age. I remember people (BOYS), places (DE), things(OR LACK THERE OF THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE WITH SUCH EXCESS), situations (FIRST TIME 1ST BASE, 2nd, and so on and so forth, that I probably wanted to forget...or buried so deep b/c they were seriously, fucking ridiculous! All these feelings came up again, it's like I WAS that person again for a moment. I miss being that age when everything was SUCH a big deal, yet not. You have your ENTIRE life ahead of you. No REAL worries that can't be tended to, but at the same time you map it all out, your future that is. I see my girls and I think to myself oh my god, it's all just beginning for them. Sorta jealous but at the same time excited for them to go through all the crazy things life has to offer, at that age. But what on earth will it be like today? I mean the 80's and 90's ok, but after 2000 shit got WACKY! None the less, feeling incredibly nostalgic watching "#TheCarrieDiaries" I really, really am. XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment