Sunday, April 7, 2013

THE MAN NOT THE WOMAN

WHY is it that I gravitate towards the men, over the women? And I am not saying in a sexual way AT all...just in a friendly way. Why is it the man, and not the woman? So last night we spent the night at one of my best friends houses, and ended up meeting a couple (with them of course) for dinner. The evening was lovely, good food, good wine, good company...and considering this is a "new" couple they have become friends with and we are an old couple that they have been friends, we were bound to integrate quite nicely; NOT to mention that Brian and I are the type of couple that can pretty much get along with anyone. We don't say crass things, we don't pick fights, we don't bring up politics or voice our opinions strongly on things we know could turn into an argument! BUT the reason I am saying all of this, is because for some reason (and this is always when I meet a new couple), I tend to think the men are WAY cooler than their women! The men don't grill you, or care what you are wearing, not typically interested in where I live, or where I grew up; where I went to college or what kind of car I drive...they just kinda chill and chat with you! The women on the other hand are OBSESSED with the answers to the above questions. I feel kinda like I am walking into job interview for AT LEAST the first 20 minutes. AND then at the end of the questions, you have to find conversation that does not include any of those topics. NOW that's some hard shit when you don't really care what they have to say, and are really more interested in what the guys are talking about. I have always been a guys girl, I say that bearing in mind I have a lot of my same friends from childhood...but also have that same thing with my guy friends. I love that I have both, and love both equally for sure, probably part of the reason when I can't really relate to the women (I work, I own a company, I am business oriented, I don't stay home with the kids, I like to booze, on and on and on...) is why I can RELATE to men better. It's an interesting thing I am really just now realizing, or rather I should say putting on paper. Would be nice to find some more professional women, married to great men...would have a SHIT more to chat about! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend...back to the grind! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment