Friday, July 30, 2010

CH CH CHANGES...IN THE SKIN THAT IS...


I remember sitting in my dermatologist's office when I was pregnant with Aiden thinking, why are there darker spots on my body, face and then some? Why do my nails have little dark lines on them? And more importantly when did this happen if I am just noticing it now? DId I have these before I was pregnant? And if not, how do I get rid of yet another disgusting part of pregnancy!!!

Changes in your skin are normal ESPECIALLY when you have darker skin. Of course something else that I did not know when going into all of this; HAD I known I would not have felt like a total leper! I kept asking is there anything to be done? And if so would it be harmful for the baby? The first thing that I did when I saw the dark lines on my nails was google it (SO DUMB) and found that it can mean that you have some form of cancer. So, there I was super pregnant about to give birth and diagnosing myself with cancer. I called the dr. right away, paid him a visit only to realize that these changes are in fact, normal. He suggested I wait until after the baby is born and then see if the lines disappear. Well, he was right...a couple of months after she was born they did just that...disappeared. Had someone told me that these things MIGHT happen, it would have been nice.

Sometimes the changes that do in fact occur you are more privy to based on your race and genetics, i.e. skin changes, stretch marks, etc. Now that I am going through it again, I know the signs and signals to look out for, when it comes to changes such as these. If I don't tell you who else will? I'm just saying...

We have a little visitor here at B' squared today...Pigtails and all!

ENJOY your weekend, I know I will...almost at the end of this journey and VERY ready to begin the next phase!!


XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment