Monday, July 26, 2010

WHO TO "EDIT" OUT OF THE DELIVERY ROOM, AND THEN SOME...

Here's a topic that can be a bit stressful when it comes to actually delivering the baby...Who should be IN the birthing room with you? IF anyone other than your mate!

I for one am a less is more kinda girl. I think the less stress you feel in this situation, the better off you are! I don't think it should be like picking teams for kickball in 4th grade (as in feelings get hurt if you are not picked) but more importantly what feels right for you and your partner. It's one of those situations where you can just be selfish!

How do you determine who you will want in there? It's totally individual and everyone is different, but I did not want to worry about anyone else, at all, but me! I had Brian in the room, along with my brother (prior to pushing); and had my mom and in-laws float in and out. I think at first for some reason some people thought it would be ok to invite the entire tri-state area to the birth, I on the other hand had a different plan.

The other MAJOR issue you may encounter is who do you want to visit you while you are in the hospital, post birth? Mind you, you will feel and look disgusting, you will be freaked out because you just had an alien come out of your body, you don't know how to do anything really well yet, and you are now STILL fat! On the other hand my best friend Dana could have cared less...she had all of her immediate family and then her parents best friends and us. I give her MAD props because I would have literally lost my shit!

Make sure you think about these things BEFORE you go in so that it is not a shock to anyone. You will want to know who's in and who's out...so that your husband can delegate and deliver the news accordingly. Also make sure and have list of people you want him to reach out to (at least the first time around) this time around I will just email from my own computer I am sure...but this way, you will get the word out to everyone that you are having that baby!

Bottom line is, don't worry about hurting other people's feelings. If there feelings do get hurt, they are kind of idiots anyway! It's not about them, it's about you and your husband/Partner/friend. It can be a pleasant experience or it can really suck, so just make sure you surround yourself with those who create a zen like experience!

XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment