Monday, August 2, 2010

NAME THAT TUNE...

I know I have talked about this before, but I must address it again...it's just tooooo juicy!

What is it about names that gets everyone so fired up? AND why is it that people think that their opinion genuinely counts? Is it possible that their insecurities about their own name, make them feel like they need to attack other people and the names that they choose? I still to this day, do not understand. IF you ask someone for their opinion it is then appropriate, if not...the best you can do is fake a smile and pretend you like it. What is the harm in doing that? If you feel the need to talk about the fact that you do not like it, then by all means please do...with someone else! Showing a family of 40 a face that insinuates you do not like a name choice...just super annoying!

How do you find a nice way of accepting things that others decide, the ones you love...without pushing your own opinions on them to harshly? Is there a way? Is there a way of accepting things even if you don't love whatever they are choosing? I think my mom did...I know when we first decided on the name Aiden Rae, she was not thrilled. She loved Aiden but was not in love with Rae. Funny enough, she loves it now...and tried her BEST to not push her own opinions on us; however, she is the mother and I think mother's can be exempted from this rule. I also think when you talk to a friend or family member and you have them involved in the choosing process, that's fine too. I use naming as an example but really it could be anything from the clothes you wear, to the names you choose to the foods you eat, etc.

Please do try and remember that we are more fragile than ever, our emotions are ALL over the damn map...so all we need is positive love and attention, anything past that...shut it!

Ah, what is that saying "Love and Light?" Yeah eff you...I need a beer!
XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment