Friday, June 28, 2013

It's Friday, and I'm gonna get you high today...b/c you aint got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

I MAY have selected this title in a previous post, but I just love the movie "Friday" WAY to much to not put it up today! This is how I am feeling (sans the no job part) I am just a happy little camper that it's Friday today! I am happy that I don't have to work tomorrow, I am happy that I can drink tonight with friends, I am happy my mom will be watching my kids to have a damn break and I am happy that it's Friday for just SO many reasons! "It's Friday...and I'm gonna get you high today!" What does it say about a person when they are defined by material things? Does it say they don't know any differently or that they just put an emphasis on what they have because it makes them feel better about themselves; more important? I don't miss having those types of friends I really don't. I think as I got older and realized all the bullshit my parents used to call out with my friends was true, that I came to grips with those truths too. They used to try and sit me down and explain to me what kinds of people there were, and why it was not such a nice way to be...but as 15 year old who did not want to be told what to do, I was not hearing it! I am thankful that the things that they did say, sunk in, in so many ways...ways I did not even realize until now. THANK GOD for good parents and good values. I don't blame the people I used to call my friends and would be civil if and when we are all together again, but we don't share the same life, values, goals or anything! I want things for myself, I want to make them for myself I want to work hard for things...and feel like I have EARNED them, was not given them. I was always fortunate to go and do whatever I want, take vacations have pretty things but the values were just never simpatico. ANYHOO, BON weekend to all! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment