Friday, March 1, 2013

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

This day and age everyone is choosing names for their children, the same way we used to choose names for our dogs! I feel like anyone who got a dog, felt like it was their opportunity to think outside the box name it something..."different!" NOW it seems that people are naming their kids the same way that they name their dogs. It's not so strange to meet Lucky the person or Lucky the dog! You can eat an apple or BE an apple, literally. I think people get a lot of shit for it too...I mean, lord knows you are being judged in some way no matter what name you choose! So really, what's in a name? Clearly it's self expression. Gone are the days of naming after family, here are the days when people name after fruits. Forget the idea that you could SHARE a name with someone, i.e. David, Emily, Jane...now we have Jagger, Grey, and Apple. I love the idea that anyone can do anything that they want and they don't care what others think...but at the same time these kids will grow up one day, will that be weird? I thought I strayed a little from the norm naming Aiden, AIDEN when it's a boys name. Even using James as a middle name for Lila was a little different. BUT all that said there is this a LARGE part of me that REALLY likes how everyone is feeling comfortable enough with themselves, to actually name their kid something different. But is it all for the wrong "Trendy" reasons? Mmmm..just food for thought. I love all my friends, their kids and the names...makes the world a much more colorful place:) BON WEEKEND! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment