Tuesday, March 4, 2014

IF I KNOW HOW DON'T YOU KNOW?

How is it that I don't run the world like the President of the US, I don't even run a fortune 500 company for christ sake; but I can tell good product from bad, the question is why can't the designer? What does it take to design a line, I get asked that question all the time. Being that I don't design a line myself at the moment, I know it would be strange for me to even attempt to put my 2 cents in, but it takes a SHIT load more than a love for fashion. I think a lot of people think you can love fashion therefore you can successfully design a line. That's just not the case, there are plenty of people who look the part but can't design well for shit. Any time you launch a brand of some type whether it be clothing, accessories, an e-commerce site whatever, you have to have a firm understanding of who your customer is; AND more importantly brand integrity. Your amazing shirt needs to match your packaging which needs to match your logo, which needs to match your name, etc. You have to have the ENTIRE package so to speak. What's up next for me? This makes me think… Terrible Tuesday come and get me! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment