Monday, November 25, 2013

GIRLS WILL BE GIRLS

The ONE reason I was ever apprehensive about having girls, is the single fact that they can be so incredibly cruel. I did not want my kids to go through some of the things that I went through, and did not want them to BE the "mean girls"…EVER! I drill it into their head but lord knows if they are listening, b/c when they leave the house clearly I can't be there for every move. Most recently Aiden came home saying she was part of a fairy group, and that she had wings and so and so was the leader, and they had to do this, and they had to do that. Needless to say, I BUGGED! BIG TIME! It's such a fine line of letting them know the right and wrong things to do, without crushing their need to explore and create some sort imaginary world. I want her to know what's real but I want her mind to create fun things too; where she and her friends can be anything that they want to be. I want her to do all of those things, without excluding ANYone at all. It's tuff. I hope everyone had a great weekend, ours was good. Looking forward to a few days off this week, time with the fam, friends and kids:) XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment