Sunday, August 17, 2014

"EASY LIKE SUNDAY MORNING…"

I can fully remember sitting in the car with my father, listening to the Commodores singing, "easy like sunday morning." We would harmonize beautifully and sing the entire song together, each taking the parts of the song we knew we were us! I miss that, singing with my dad. Due in part to the fact that my mother has THE worst voice on the face of this planet! Today is Sunday, I know I have talked in some of my other blogs about that Sunday blues that I no longer get, that I know most people deal with every single week. I feel incredibly thankful that that feeling is gone. I woke up to rain this AM, and given there are just a few more weekends left before summer is over is kind of a bummer; BUT I also enjoy the rain on a Sunday morning. It just seems appropriate, rain on a Sunday morning. We spent the weekend at Brian's parents to enjoy the pool, family, friends and it was really nice. There is a part of us that understand the possible joys of living down here, but then we think it's an hour away from NYC so how would that work for us? We are forever in the city, Brian still works daily in NYC, how would we really LIVE here. I am not loving being back in Tenafly, in fact I kinda loathe the area. I know it's close to New York, it's a nice place to live, the school system is like #3 in the state so for all intensive purposes it sounds good…BUT it's not. It's clearly not about me, it's about what is best for the kids yet I am not sure that it even IS the best for the kids. In a perfect world they would go to prep school like I did, have really nice friends that are not affected, and know the value of a dollar. That's my goal in the not so distance future! Have a restful Sunday! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment