Tuesday, November 27, 2012

So many people's personal style confuses me...

I am not sure if it's because I am in the industry or simply b/c I am a bitch...but I sometimes don't get the success of others; as it relates to fashion. What is it that people love and others loathe? AND why don't others loathe it the way that I do? I know that everyone has their own "sense" of style and that makes the world go round, but there are SO many people out there highlighting their own personal style, and style choices that I think truly suck! Then I think to myself..maybe it's me, and I have horrible taste? NO that can't possibly be:) In any event, can anyone now simply throw on some J.Crew rhinestone necklaces with a pair of pencil pants and a patterned sweater and call themselves a style icon? I think that if you don't have people that are truly schooled in that area running the show anymore, then anyone can be anyone...literally. IT seems to me that in very few professions can you just waltz in and say you are someone, act like you are someone, do things like you are someone...BUT in media you can crawl all over that shit with little to no experience; OR clout! I mean you don't have teachers walking around without credentials? You don't have dr.'s walking around without licenses practicing in the open? Why the fuck can anyone start a fashion blog,site whatever, look like shit, and direct big brands...DEAR lord what has this world come to. Don't get my wrong there are some good ones, but there are plenty of shitty fashion blogs...with really crappy taste. Now off to watch "Revenge", don't mind if I do. Nighty, night! xoxo BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment