Monday, November 19, 2012

PLEASE DONT GO....PLEASE DONT GO!!!!

I think the constant battle between city folks and burbs folks is where should one live, and why! I know in my house we constantly battle staying or leaving NYC. I don't know what to do...I grew up in the burbs but have literally lives in New York City since 1999. That's a LONG ass time to move out!! I did not use the kid things as an excuse to leave (and most do rightfully so)...we stayed, and continued our life in a similar fashion...just with 2 kids. I thrive over the diversity, the thirst for life, the fact that you can eat, shop do just about everything in the most amazing city in the world! I revel in the fact that my kids can sit in a classroom full of kids, who are all so different in so many ways; culturally, economically, etc. HOW can we leave this? I can travel to work and be there in a jiffy...and be right back at Aiden's school for anything that I am involved in. I can have it all, so to speak! I can have it ALMOST all if there is such a thing. I love it here, it's part of who I am...it's my identity and I am not sure it's something I can just let me know... BUT, there is the space issue. I would like more space, and not a 4 bedroom apt a 4 bedroom home. I want a backyard where the kids can just open the door and go out and play! The question is, is that enough of a reason to leave? Food for thought. Enjoy the day! xoxo BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment