Tuesday, November 20, 2012

BIG BIRD DAY!

MY absolute favorite day of the year is Thanksgiving!! I love the food, family, cheer and nothing has to do with ANYTHING gift related! You just stuff your face, enjoy each others company...AND eat some more. It's the one holiday I claim will always be at my mom's! I can't give it up, I tried but it just does not work for me. I grew up in the house where we still celebrate and hope to for many more years to come; especially now with the kids. The most delicious food we prepare, including macc and cheese, turkey, stuffing, gravy, apple pie, pumpkin bread...and no one does it better than mom. It is also a time to think about those who are less fortunate than we are, those who have less or none at all. Those who have been victims of horrific life curve balls and now have nothing at all. I wish I could give more, do more. The 1st thing I am doing if I ever do make more than I can handle is give some of it away; obviously the democrat in me! Happy Thanksgiving to all...enjoy your friends, family, food, wine, and then some. xoxo BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment