Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Can woman really have it all? I honestly am not sure...

People often say that the best thing that they ever did was have their kids...and this I TOTALLY agree with; HOWEVER, we know there's always a touch of honesty missing if you ask me. Brian and I have created this amazing life with our 2 girls, a life I am so blessed to have. But really, can a woman have it all? It's that forever pondering question posed all too often. I do think it's possible to feel and say that you can have it all, but at what price? Something's always gotta give whether it is SOME of your career, your health, your relationship with your significant other, time with the kids, etc. Something has to give. The question is what do you need to give up a little? What areas get 80% and what areas get 100%? I would like to say I am even on all accounts but clearly things for me take a back seat, although that's not even something I listed above! So I won't include that, but at some point my clients get more attention than my family and at what price? OR my family gets more attention than my clients, and is that fair? How to you juggle it all and how can you be EVERYTHING to EVERYONE? I woke up a couple of times in the night for Lila, and have been on and off for the last couple of months. I am clearly lacking in the sleep dept. and I don't even have a newborn and at what cost? I turned to Brian in the middle of the night and said to him I don't know how much more of this I can take before I start to lose my mind, or continue to lose my mind slowly. So, I pose that question again, can you really have it all? I think you can look like you have it all, but in reality it's just not possible. Mmmmm....I feel this way today, talk to me on another day when she does sleep and everything is status quo and I may feel differently:) JUST being honest! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment