Friday, August 13, 2010

NAME THAT STRIPPER!!!

I want to know, how many strange names can you think of? What's the craziest name you have ever heard...even if this person is all grown up, does their name sound like a stripper? A car wash? Something that fell down the stairs...I want to know...Send me some of the strangest names you have encountered...inquiring minds what to know!!!

On another note...I feel so lucky, I really do...for all of the things, places, people I get to meet and know, I feel lucky. Life can be tricky, what's that saying it's not what you know it's who you know? Well that seems to be true...but the thing is, if you know "those" people aren't you one step ahead of the game anyway? Don't you have to find yourself in a position to know them...to be cultured and educated and schooled enough in your field to be surrounded by such amazing people? The world is a strange place but I feel VERY lucky to be where I am today. It took lots of hard work and dedication, lots of sleepless nights and canceled plans, LOTS of trust and then some to build a reputation that's strong enough to weather the strongest storm...I feel lucky.

I feel lucky to have gotten pregnant not one but two times when I have friends that are still in the struggle, I feel lucky to expose Aiden to all of the colors of the rainbow in a place like NYC. There is no place I would rather share my life experiences than here in New York, the giant melting pot of the world. Sometimes it's hard being different (whatever that difference might be) but I would not have it any other way. The journey of both my pregnancies have changed me as a person, and for that I am forever grateful! You learn to love differently, selflessly, and most importantly with all of your heart. You can't help those that can't help themselves...or feel guilty for your success over theirs; you can only work on yourself

So, I am thankful today and every other day...

BUT still not naming my kid after a toy, stripper, cartoon, or past ghetto movie icon...next thing you know I will meet someone named Abalonia!

Have a good one!
XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment