Sunday, August 8, 2010

PREGNANCY DOES NOT TAKE EVERY BRAIN CELL FROM YOUR BODY!



How do you help people to understand that you are not stupid, you are just pregnant??!!?
I find that people often mistake your pregnancy for a "condition" that you can't "help." In other words being pregnant does not mean you can't think the same way...you might be a bit slower than you were when not pregnant but hey...the baby does come out! Why do people think the way you would normally react or deal with a situation might change? AND typically I find it is the people who are younger than you AND certainly less experienced in their field. You want to slap them and say listen, I have been around the block a few times, paid my dues being pregnant is not a handicap!

I find that some of it must be dependent on the way you look...in my business if you can't move faster than a fox you might miss out on an opportunity! HOWEVER there are plenty of people who have had babies, successfully...some more successfully than others, but I think people forget that they have mother's too...and if they didn't, well then they would not be here!!!

On the other hand there are times when I do feel completely overwhelmed by everything and the last thing I need is a dumb email from someone...but then I think, really I would feel the same way with or without kids and pregnancy. A dumb email is a dumb email! An annoying person is annoying person, etc. I like the, "never let them see you sweat" kinda attitude, and it's worked pretty well from me. Gets the job done even if I am upside down and turned around inside. I welcome the day when these people marry and have babies and are still trying to run their "perfect" businesses. I know that day will come, so I just sit back patiently waiting for it to happen...and really by then, I will be done having the kids and running the GODMAN WORLD!!! Well not really, but that just sounded like a good ending to my paragraph:)

On a lighter note, Aiden said to me today..."Mama I know you have to go pee pee but can you go downstairs I have to go to the bathroom up here...she then paused and said, "Is that even possible?" So apparently I am now the size of a mack truck to my daughter too! UGH TGIIAO (thank god it's almost over)!!!

PS: Rule #248 never let them see you sweat, because once you do...you lose all credibility!

Hope everyone's having a FABU weekend!
XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment