Wednesday, August 25, 2010

THE RACHEL ZOE "OTHER" PROJECT...


I have been watching "The Rachel Zoe Project" lately, my business partner (the other Beth) suggested I watch it, for business purposes and general amusement. I have to admit being in this industry she seems pretty chill...no mindless name calling, throwing foreign objects at assistants, one upping the people who work for her simply because she's insecure (oh come on we have all had bosses like that in fashion). All in all a pretty cool chick, that a great eye!

Last nights episode circled around fashion week AND fashion off spring. She seems to be struggling with the idea of having children and if there is ever the right time. It's weird, I find that whatever you make a priority, even if you don't realize it, is what you consider important. Granted my career is not as crazy as hers but...it's not an easy thing balancing and having it all. I don't think there's ever a good time, actually I know there isn't but really, is there a better time? Then I look at all these celebrities that have babies in their 40's and how they do it so beautifully, so why not have it now? Would the public's perception of the fact that you might not want to have kids, change the way they think about you as it relates to your career? I would have to say probably, yes.

I think there are some people who are MADE to be mom's and then mom's that don't realize they are made to be mom's, until after they become mom's. I want Rachel Zoe to have a baby, why I am making this my concern I haven't a clue, and who am I to tell her what to do? I can say from one career mom to a potential other, you CAN have it all...you may lose your mind in the interim but it IS possible. They just kinda do it all with you, and become part of your routine. I have a kid that dresses up like a princess, in high heels and all...lip-gloss and handbags galore! She is a part of my world and loving every minute of them. She comes everywhere with me and when she can't that's ok too. We try to parent together, but pitch hit when we can; one picks up the slack for the other.

I am now on the, "I want Rachel Zoe to have a baby kick" just like her sister and I don't know her from a hole in the wall! Rachel if you can hear me, do it...you will be an amazing mom, and Roger and amazing Dad. You were a beautiful bride and will be a beautiful mother. It's incredibly hard to do it all, but it IS doable...let me know if you need any tips, HA!

XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment