Thursday, August 5, 2010

MEN WILL BE BOYS...OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...


I learned something while pregnant the first time, that's just now being reinforced for a second time...Men (straight or gay) say really dumb things to pregnant women. I am not sure if it's just because the notion of pregnancy is so foreign to them or because they are just plain stupid. It may, realistically, be the a little bit of both.

When men say things like," Better you than me" about being pregnant, I often say there is a reason men are not the ones that do this...bottom line is they are pussy's and we are not. My all time favorite thing that is often said is, "OMG your belly is HUGE!" OK fucker, well you see...I have a baby in there, and it grows exponentially by the moment, so yeah my belly IS huge. Remember your mama carried you around for 9 months or you would not even be here; need I remind them that? I think the ones that are more sensitive of course are the ones who have wives that have gone through it. I think the ones who are the least sensitive are the ones that have not experienced it second hand. In any event, it's a total shit show.

How do you deal with these types of situations? Here is one of my suggestions:

IDIOT-"Hi Beth it's so good to see you..OMG your belly is HUGE, no Beth your belly is HUGE" (like I did not hear it the first time mind you)
BTC-"Um thanks so much for pointing that out, not really...kinda where I should be for this point in my pregnancy!"
IDIOT-"Really? I don't know...where you that big during your first pregnancy?"
BTC-"I am so flattered that you remember what I was like last time, given you are a gay, single man"

At least "we" women don't have to worry about sweaty balls and baby powder!

GOD is it Friday yet? I am so needing it to be, besides being BEYOND exhausted I just don't feel like looking at anyone's face for a couple of days...including my own!

CIAO FOR NOW!
More to come kids, more to come...
XO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment