Saturday, December 14, 2013

Disfunction is the NEW norm.

It's amazing, we all can be SO incredibly different…but one common thing we all carry, family disfunction. There are SO many things wrong with family, and it's universal everyone has it in some form. Whether it's your family, your in-laws OR both it will happen regardless if you want it to happen or not. It's strangely comforting to know everyone shares in your pain! These last few months have been good and bad at the same time. It's been bittersweet that we left NYC and are now in the burbs, and change is always harder for most people. I am typically good with change, but I have to say this one threw me for a bigger loop. Probably b/c I am still in NYC every day, but can't live there anymore. Sometimes I miss it and sometimes I don't. I live for a playroom, but also live for walking home after a night of drinks:) It's actually been a really weird month, or weird couple of months. One month seems more intense than the next, this being no different. I was warned by Astrology Zone (see last post), and so far so good…or so bad I should say. The holidays always come with a little "crap" to deal with and this year will be no different; might even be a bit worse I must say. We have already gotten some major snow storms in our area, so I fear for things to come. I am used to having these stores in NJ, but when you live in NYC for so many years you really take it for granted, that easy living with snow. There are no road closures, or power outages. There are not MAJOR streets affected, it's just kinda more annoying to get around. The stroller stays outside the apt. everyone's shit all over the outside hallway and you are pissed b/c you are stuck in some relatively small apt. BUT you then come to the burbs and there are so many things that could go down. Well enough venting for one day, until next time… XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment