Friday, September 17, 2010

NYC Pediatrician's...almost easier to get into FORT KNOX!

In NYC everything is just harder. Doing things takes more time, people are more aggressive and the idea that your child can't just walk into an office and see a dr. (even when you have the appropriate insurance) is just kinda insane. For the past 4 years, Aiden has gone to a FANTASTIC practice and to a pediatrician that we love! HOWEVER, we do pay out of pocket when we have perfectly fine insurance. What is the reason for the insurance if we don't even use it? Ugh...In any event, now with this new one coming any moment we talked about putting them both in a practice with a dr. that takes our insurance. Seems quite logical, sad to be leaving the amazing dr.'s we see now, but...def. doable; or so I THOUGHT!

There I am at my wonderful OBGYN's office getting referrals for peds. I find an office on the UES and speak to a semi-lovely front desker named (let's call her Sassy). I inquire about a Dr. to be Aiden's new dr. and the new babies dr. as well. She fires back, "As of today (no for real the day I called) we are no longer accepting new patients." I almost shit myself. I said ok, there are 5 doctors FIVE in your practice and not one is taking on new patients? WTF is that about? Why have a practice of that size, and not take on new patients...and had I called last week (I asked) then this would not be a problem? She (the idiot that she is) said, "Yes as of today that is the case." She was dead serious. I made some calls to see if they could make an exception...and was relieved to find out that they would!

I then call the pediatrician back a few days later, and the same semi-lovely Sassy took all of my information down, and said she would check with the dr. to make sure she would take on new patients and get back to me (after I told her that my dr. already talked to her), but whatever. In any event she calls me back and says, "Sorry (let's call her Dr. Rosie) is not taking on any new patients. UM who the FUCK is Dr. Rosie? That's not the person I inquired about NOR the person that my dr. called for me. Sassy THEN called me back and I said just that...I said I was asking about (let's call her Dr.Nasty), she then had to go, talk to Dr. Nasty and call me back AGAIN! When she called back this is what she said, "Hi I talked to Dr. Nasty she is happy to take on the newborn but not your 4 year old." I then said, "I am sorry I don't quite understand, I am to see 2 different pediatrician's because she wants to AGE discriminate? WTF Aiden goes to the dr. like never at the moment, and she won't take on both my kids?" She then said, "Sorry she just won't take them both on right now." My answer..."Ok well can I please at least meet her considering she will be seeing one of my children?" Sassy then replied, "Sorry the dr.'s don't meet with potential patients/parents they just don't work that way." I say, "Um what do you mean? So I am to just have my new baby see a dr. that I have not even met? Oh ok, well she comes to the hospital when the baby is born right?" Sassy, "Um no we don't do that." OK I had HAD it by that time, I literally said to her, "OK well she can think about it like this...if I meet her and don't like her, then I am one less newborn she has to worry about...and I know she seems concerned with adding new patients. SO, with that said please let me know her my thoughts, thanks." SERIOUSLY WWWWWTTTTFFFF!!!

Note to everyone, NYC is great, the best, I LIVE...but shit like this about NYC makes me crazy..the burbs are looking MORE and more appealing by the damn moment!!!

Have a fabu weekend, if you are fasting for Yom Kippor I wish you an easy fast...I on the other hand cannot fast this year, so instead I am staying close to the hospital and shopping with my mom for last minute baby GEAR, HOLLA!

XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment