Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A DEDICATION TO THE GIRLY DOCS! AMEN TO THE OBGYN!

What is it about an OBGYN that we strangely hate to love? We NEED them to get us through probably the most pivotal time in our lives (the child bearing years); but at the same time we are also SO intrigued by what they do and at times question why! Well at least that's how I feel! After having an appointment today, I decided to give a "shout out" to all the Vag docs, GOD knows we could not do it without you!

My dr. (she will remain nameless for her own protection) is just perfect. Easy going, laid back, kind of the Mary Poppins meets Hillary Clinton? Super smart but serves a "spoon full of sugar that helps the medicine go down." A little bit of sweet with a lotta sass! No for real, she's great! I honestly give her credit for dealing with idiot first time mothers, that probably ask her the most ridiculous questions! Or literally have an organized birth plan when their baby still looks like a gummy bear on the monitor! I think they feel blessed when they get a pregnant person like me who curses non-stop, asks how far I can possibly stetch this so I don't have the kid in my office, and tells her if I were to EVER get to 40 weeks I would take the baby out myself! I feel comfortable asking when I have the internal exam (those you get again at the end of your pregnancy) so that I can prepare myself. Not sure it hurts for everyone, but when you are dilated and she puts some fingers up there, it's kinda like adding more pressure to an already shaken can of soda. I mean, I guess I would pretty much ask anyone, anything given my personality...but there's something about her that I just love! ROCK ON Dr. K! Not everyone is as cool as you. I once had a cooler than ice vagina doc, needless to say the idea of pot smoking while breast feeding was not a topic she was willing to hear!

AND let's briefly discuss all of the totally, beyond nasty reasons that you might not want to be a vajoooj doc, um the obvious ones? What goes on down there with the women that, ah em don't "take care" of their Va J J's. You know the ones I mean, and there HAS to be more out there...than not! UGH, does not take much to gross me out...but that certainly does...MOVE ON...

On a much lighter note...

Happy New Year to all of you the celebrate the Jewish Holidays (myself included) and if you don't....enjoy the days of less traffic and less crowded restaurants in NYC!
Until next time...
XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment