Monday, March 30, 2015

WHAT GOES UP, MUST COME DOWN.

I vividly remember as a kid not fitting in, or I should say not aesthetically fitting in and not even realizing that I was beautiful inside AND out. I don't think I realized the magnitude of what it could be like for me until college and by then I had other issues. It's so true that you never really appreciate your beauty until it's too late; and I don't mean just looks I mean the entire package. I know that getting old is just par for the course and for the most part I am totally ok with it, on the flip side I don't recognize myself sometimes when I look in the mirror, even though I am clearly the same person and everyone sees me the same for the most part. It's sad to think I am exactly back to being where I was 30 years ago, but this time so much less time ahead of me. How do we find time to take for ourselves so that we can glow internally and externally? How can we find it within ourselves to love the new versions of us, when we are the same person only a bit more worn and a lot more jaded. More importantly how can we come to terms with the fact that whatever was unfinished years ago, will just have to remain that way…and that we must live in the moment or regret will nearly kill us. Kinda heavy for a Monday, no? ARG…SORRY!! XOXO BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment