Monday, September 15, 2014

PRIVATE OR PUBLIC

It's an ONGOING battle in my head, what situation is best for my kid. I know sometimes you want what you are familiar with, but at the same time is there a better choice depending on your child? I am going to go out on a limb and say YES there is. I am struggling, STRUGGLING at liking Aiden's current school situation. People ask my why, they say things like it's a great town, with GREAT schools, etc. but why don't I agree? WHY am I not feeling the way everyone else is telling me that I SHOULD feel? Aiden is a complicated case, she's not the norm when it comes to getting up and going to school everyday. It's rough for her, harder than it is for most kids. I often think that if she had individual attention, and was not 22 kinds in a class with one teacher, that she would benefit from that sort of setting. I know that it's hard with so many kinds, being a teacher who does not loose their cool; or a teacher who simply can't handle all those student, at that age, at one time. I mean shit, I couldn't, but then again that's not my job. MY job as a mom is to advocate to make sure my kids have everything that they need. That if there's an issue I address it, if they are unhappy I find out the source of their unhappiness, that is what you do as a mom…as a parent. BUT when it all gets to be too much and you know in your gut you can change things, at which point DO you make those changes? We are at that point right now with Aiden, private or public. It's an internal battle where I need to come to some type of outward resolution. Stay tuned, I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment