Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WOW, did that really happen to me?

SO, this AM I got a text from Beth saying her cars were broken into, IN her driveway! Talk about freaky....BUT it reminded me that I had a similar experience; or rather an even more frightening one.

In 1996, I was car-jacked at gun point in Columbus, OH...while attending college at OSU. It's weird, I must have blocked a huge portion of what happened from my memory, so much that I forgot for a second that it even happened. AND THEN all of a sudden it all comes rushing back to me. That feeling of helplessness when I wanted to literally knock out the person doing it to me. The moment of this could be the end, how have I spent my past years on this earth? (mind you I was only like 20). It's amazing to think it was that long ago, and I can still really remember it like it was yesterday.

Needless to say, there are some nutty people on this earth, you just never know when in your life you may encounter someone who is just not sane. I hate to think you have to live your life sleeping with one eye open, BUT none the less...better to be safe than sorry...

UGH not my usual delightful one, but certainly a life changing event for this girl.

BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment