Sunday, October 24, 2010

MANAGING EGOS, EXPECTATIONS AND THE ELITE ...

I have learned that you can't manage/change anyone, you just can't! You can try and help them see more clearly, but that's about it. I find that managing people's egos is actually harder than managing a newborn....

How do you tell someone that something is not possible? AND when you do that how do you help them to believe there's a reason for that? It's kinda like changing a poopie diaper, you do it while holding your nose and you do it gently...but FAST! Kinda like pulling a bandaid off that has been sitting on your leg for days! I always thought taking care of a kid was the hardest BUT honestly it's not! Managing adults is THAT much harder!

How do you help people who don't see things your way, see things your way:) AND help them understand that with your way, there is a reason for THAT way. You can't all parent alike and you have to agree to disagree on a lot of things, but at the same time as a parent I am extremely protective of my girls. Their safety and happiness is directly related to my happiness. Again, managing those that don't think or parent like you is really quite hard! What I do know is that I am thankful to have a husband who parents/thinks just like me when it comes to our kids. I think everything he did not have, he wants for his girls...as opposed to me who wants to parent JUST like my mom...and use everything that she taught me on my own girls.

"Managing" is the key term here whether it is in life or in business is always quite challenging. I would rather be upfront and honest than blow smoke up anyone's ass. Not everything will work and not everyone will be successful, but that's just how you weed out the not great with the GREAT, the men from the boys, the ones that are here to stay and the ones who are here for a fleeting moment. Funny, raising a baby is very similar to managing adults...nature vs. nurture...glad I took that Psych 101 class in college!

Ciao for now!
XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment