Tuesday, October 19, 2010

HOW TO NURTURE THE MOTHER/DAUGHTER RELATIONSHIP...

How do you find that happy medium as a girl, with your mom? How do you find the correct balance so that when you are of age, and can share secrets and feelings you do so appropriately. When does your mom go from being just your mom to your mom AND friend? All good questions and concerns I have with my own daughters...Funny thing is, when you become a mom you take note of all the annoying things that other mom's and daughters do or how annoying their relationships are!

Here I am sitting with my now 2 girls wondering what kind of relationship we will have? I often base it off my own relationship with my mother, that is just, to me, perfection. We connect, disagree, discuss, analyze, etc. we are not dependent on one another in ways that are not healthy, but rather depend on each other for all of the right reasons. She is someone I talk to about everything, but she does not live vicariously through me (like some mom's I know) and I have NEVER been financially dependent on her (post college) that is:) I fight my own battles, make me own successes and failures while she sits back and lets me do my thing! I can always count on her to speak her mind when she thinks I am doing something wrong but never tells me HOW she thinks I should fix it; unless of course I ask.

In any event, I am so thrilled to have 2 daughters to grow old with...to nurture and love the same way my mom did for me....it's a beautiful thing...I think the next topic of convo will be how much EASIER it is the 2nd time around!!!

XOXO
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment