Wednesday, October 12, 2011

DO YOU HAVE TO RESPECT TO BE RESPECTED?

I am sure I may get some heat for this...but truly, do you have to respect someone to be respected back. I kinda think no!?!?!!?
I feel like nowadays...there are junior employees (certainly not at my company), who don't understand their position in the company there are working for, OR their place in the world when it comes to their experience level. I think there were times in my life I did not want to to act a certain way, or I wanted to treat someone a certain way..but at the end of the day, they were older than me, more experience in life than me, so the bottom line was...I respected that!

I think a lot of it was communicated to me via my parents; they drilled it into my head that I needed to respect people for XY and Z reasons...and in the end they were 100% right! It's not always easy, b/c sometimes you feel like you should be treated the way they should be treated, when in fact that's just not the case; AND of course this always relates back to people who are typically younger than your or less experienced which is even the stranger thing!

Anyway, just food for thought!
xoxoxo
BTC

No comments:

Post a Comment